Merrimack College offers students the opportunity to participate in a wide-range of global education programs. These programs enhance student’ disciplinary understanding from an international perspective as well as providing grounded and grounding experiences of our increasingly complex world. Global education is about academic learning that is deep and life-changing.
Here are a few questions to get you started.
- Do you meet the minimum 2.8 GPA requirement? Click on First Steps for qualifications for study abroad
- Which program is the best fit for your major?
- Have you discussed studying abroad with your academic advisor?
- Do you have specific degree requirements to fulfill while abroad?
- Are there semesters when you need to be on campus for your major?
- Do you want to study another language or continue language study?
- How will studying abroad impact your personal, academic and/or professional goals?
- What aspects of study abroad are important to you? Courses on gender studies in the Middle East? South American politics? Eastern European Art History? Continuing your Spanish language studies? Learning German or Arabic? Opportunity like internships or service learning?
- Would you prefer to live with a host-family or with other American students?
- Program duration-a semester, short-term?
- How much does it cost to study abroad at Merrimack College?